News & Updates
November 11, 2016
Traditional books versus ebooks?
The endless “war” between traditional books and ebooks has been taking place for way too long now. It all comes to individual reading preferences. Thus generalising seems obsolete. There’s the well-known nostalgia factor & more “human touch” for paper books. There are also the obvious practical advantages of ebooks. It is handy to pack a whole library in an e-reader. After all why should we choose between the two? Ebooks and traditional books can just be complimentary.
However, in this post, we will discuss the pros of ebooks.
- Speed: With ebooks, “the time is now”. Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don’t have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
- Nature: No mindless tree cutting. Ebooks are eco-friendly.
- Travel: Anywhere, anytime. Ebooks are portable. Location does not matter. With an ePub reader like the BeetlerReader, device choice does not matter either. It is vital to be as flexible, as possible. And the lightweight is a massive advantage as well!
- Space: You only need one-book space for storage. No dusty bookshelves, no boxes full of neglected books. Just you and your reading device.
- Searchability: You can easily find the information you need without furiously flipping pages. BeetleReader has this feature for both fixed and reflowable ePubs.
- Distribution: Ebooks are much easier to sell and distribute. There is an open online world!
- Interactivity: Ebooks can be both text and audio-based. Fancy watching some video within the ebook: no problem! Of course, you can always purchase a paper book with a CD if that suits you!
- Layout variations: While the traditional book smells nice and offers this physical touch, it has a fixed format. Reader must “consume” it as it is. BeetleReader offers a multi-page layout tailored to the reading preferences of the user!
Try BeetleReader out and guarantee your readers a first-class experience.